Real Men Wear Kilts
Andrew McKee and Marc Gunn are the dynamic duo that made up the Brobingnagian Bards.
Brobingnagian Bards, in case you were wondering, is pronounced brob-din-nahg-EE-en b-ardz, thats b a r d s – bards.
The bards were founded in 1999 and they played for over 10 years together. Though the broke up in 2009, they still get together and play on stage at some festivals around the country, when the mood strikes them and the crowds begin chanting their names. When they were together, they toured all over the country. They played Ren Faires, Celtic Festivals, Highland Games and other events 12 months of the year. And this year you have the opportunity to see them reunite on stage. The Bards will be playing at the Sherwood Celtic Music Festival – in Paige, TX. This is a first in several years. Make sure that you see them and get a good seat. If you are one of their fans – known as Nagians – then you will want to book your tickets now to see Marc and Andrew.
But don’t be sad if you can’t get to the faire to see them play, you can always buy one of the their CDs.
- Marked by Great Size – 1999
- Gullible’s Travels – 2000
- A Faire to Remember – 2001
- Songs of the Muse – 2001
- A Celtic Renaissance Wedding – 2003
- Songs of Ireland – 2003
- Memories of Middle Earth – 2003
- Christmas in Brobdingnag – Vol 1 – 2005
- Brobdingnagian Fairy Tales – 2005
- Live: Nex Monoceroti, Per Risibus – 2007
- The Holy Grail of Irish Drinking Songs – 2007
- Real Men Wear Kilts – 2008
This post is dedicated to Dan, one of our facebook Rennies that suggested some musical posts. Remember is you want to see your name on the page, you just need to send me an email with your suggestion.